Information We Collect
We collect PII: We may collect Personally-Identifiable Information ("PII") from you and your consent may be given expressly or implied, depending on the circumstances.
When you visit the Site, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your information that you provide on the Site. In some cases the Site may prompt you to provide your consent to the collection of certain PII. In other cases, your consent is implied and understood by us through your actions, including when you:
- create, save or share personalized doors and other home designs using tools made available on the Site;
- respond to a customer satisfaction survey;
- create a user or dealer account on the Site;
- provide us with information related to your interests and preferences including on the "My Saved Doors" section of the Site;
- share information from the Site through social networking links;
- request product information;
- register for updates on the Site;
- complete a job application; or
- use the "contact us" feature on the Site.
PII refers to any information that uniquely identifies or can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a specific person. This may mean:
- your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, title, birth date, gender, employer or company name and business details, purchasing data, language, nationality, work and/or professional experience and skill set and salary; and
- information for using online registration and/or payment options or otherwise managing a user account.
Please do not send us personal information about other individuals.
- the referring domain name, your internet protocol (IP) addresses, your browser type, and your operating system type.
- to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, and other similar information.
How We Use Information (including PII) That We Collect
When you provide us with PII, we may use that information to:
- provide services and facilitate your interactions on the Site;
- comply with legal requirements;
- to communicate with you in response to your submissions to us;
- to respond to your employment submission(s) and/or request(s);
- to provide you with information relating to us and our products and/or services, including but not limited to e-newsletters, sweepstakes, promotions, new product details or offers, marketing materials, and customized advertisements particular to your interests and/or previous experiences with us;
- to process payments relating to purchases you make;
- to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services;
- to include you and your comments about our products and services on the Site and in advertising and marketing campaigns;
Do We Share Your Information With Third Parties?
We may share your PII and anonymous information for our businesses purposes and as legally permitted. For example, we may share:
- We may disclose PII for legal compliance purposes, to protect our companies, and in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose PII in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to protect the confidentiality and security of our records pertaining to you, to limit our legal liability or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Within our family of companies. For example, we might share with one of our related companies, which include others in the Fortune Brands Home & Security family (see here for a list).
The Site is not directed at children, and we do not knowingly collect any PII from children under thirteen years of age unless the collection complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If we discover that a child under the age of thirteen (13) years has provided us with PII, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that child’s PII from our systems.
Links To Other Sites
How We Protect Your Information
We retain your PII a long as is required for the purposes identified when you provided the PII and for any new purposes identified and consented to by you, and for an appropriate time thereafter. While we have put in place measures that we deem reasonable to safeguard information that we collect from you, due to the nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information on or transmitted over the Internet. As a result, we make no warranty regarding the security of any information you transmit to us via the Site and you do so at your own risk.
You may review, update or correct any of your PII held in our files and your consents regarding its use and disclosure at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer in any of the ways indicated below.
Whether contacting us by phone, mail or email, please include the specific website to which your request relates so that we may ensure timely and efficient resolution of your request. We will contact any person lodging a formal complaint or requesting a correction to his/her personally identifiable information and will cooperate with appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints that cannot be resolved between us and any individual(s). You should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our assets, or any other corporate transfer, exchange or restructuring, whatever form it may take, we may transfer your information to one or more successor entities in the transaction(s).