Therma-Tru Fiberglass Entry Door Systems
Built for Safety & Security
Protect your home and everything in it, from family and pets to valuables and keepsakes. Therma-Tru products are designed for durability and enhanced security with pieces and parts engineered as a complete system.
Did you know?
On average, a home is burglarized in the U.S. every 45 seconds.1
More than half of home burglaries occur during the daytime.2
How do burglars enter the home?
34% Front Door3
22% Back Door3
Home burglary rates are highest in the summer.4
- Source: FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Program, “2019 Crime in the United States.”
- Source: FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Program, “2019 Crime in the United States,” Table 7.
- Source: www.asecurelife.com
- Source: U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, “Seasonal Patterns in Criminal Victimization Trends,” June 2014.
Therma-Tru Fiberglass Door Slab
Therma-Tru’s fiberglass door slabs are up to 30% more resistant to kick-ins than standard steel doors.** Standard steel doors can dent and bow, which leads more quickly to product failure. With durable construction, our fiberglass doors can withstand this impact by absorbing and deflecting the force.
- Therma-Tru fiberglass doors are built with enhanced lock blocks to help ensure proper handleset reinforcement, combined with lock and hinge stiles that increase rigidity and stability.
- Therma-Tru fiberglass skins provide durability and long-term performance. A fiberglass door typically will not dent or rust, nor will it warp, split, crack or rot. Wood doors and steel doors may weaken over time with exposure to the elements.
**Comparison of Therma-Tru doors in pendulum impact test: fiberglass versus standard steel.
Therma-Tru Composite Door Frame
More reliable and up to 50% stronger on average than standard wood door frames when withstanding a simulated forced entry attempt by kicking in the door.*
- Features full-length jambs with no finger joints for more reliable performance, and a continuous composite material that will not deteriorate over time, like wood.
- Entries with a wooden door frame are more susceptible to being kicked in as compared to a Therma-Tru composite door frame, giving burglars access to your home within seconds.
- Wood jambs typically have finger joints. These areas where two pieces of wood come together are structurally weaker when compared to a single continuous material that runs the entire length of the jamb.
*Comparison of pendulum impact test results for Therma-Tru composite door frame and standard finger-jointed Pine wood door frame, both with similar pre-hung doors.
Additional Therma-Tru Security Benefits
Multi-Point Locking System
The Therma-Tru multi-point locking system engages the door frame at three points from top to bottom, whereas traditional deadbolt assemblies only engage at one point.
Options feature double- or triple-pane construction and include two panes of tempered glass for enhanced safety and performance.
Adjustable Security Strike Plate
Our adjustable security strike plate wraps around the door jamb and uses 2-½" screws to fully engage the frame of the house for added support and strength against forced entry.