What every wood door wishes it could be.
Want to learn more?Download our full brochure
As this step-by-step comparison proves,
beauty doesn’t have to be high maintenance.
Therma-Tru Fiberglass Doors
Reapply topcoat every 3-5 years, or when gloss fades.
Clean door with a household detergent and water. Rinse and allow to dry completely.
Apply topcoat to renew protection over the stained surface of your fiberglass door. Allow to dry completely.
Refinish every 1-2 years.
- Strip existing finish using solvent or a chemical stripper. Ensure proper ventilation.
- Sand door until you reach bare wood.
- Clean all dust and sanding residue. Allow door to dry completely.
- Apply stain. Allow to dry at least 24 hours.
- Apply first coat of polyurethane. Allow to dry completely, then lightly sand surface.
- Apply second coat of polyurethane. Allow to dry completely.