THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO HOMEOWNERS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) OR CANADA (EXCEPT QUEBEC) WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD (19 IN AL AND NE). THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW.
THERMA-TRU WEBSITE 2018 RATINGS & REVIEWS SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Therma-Tru Website 2018 Ratings & Reviews Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on April 2, 2018 at 8:00 AM EST and ends on April 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”), by which time all entries must be received. You may enter the Sweepstakes by:
- Going to the Therma-Tru or Therma-Tru Benchmark websites at: www.thermatru.com and www.thermatrubenchmark.com, respectively, locating the door purchased under “Browse All Doors” and writing a review. Please see Paragraph 7 below regarding an acceptable review.
2. To avoid providing feedback on a Therma-Tru product, you may enter by submitting a mail-in entry instead of the online entry as described above. To enter via this method, include your first and last name, street address, phone number and email address on an index card to Zig Marketing, Therma-Tru Doors Website 2018 ‘Ratings & Reviews’ Sweepstakes, c/o Zig Marketing, Therma-Tru 2018 ‘Ratings and Reviews’ Sweepstakes c/o Dayna Orleans, 812 Huron Road, Suite 840, Cleveland, Ohio 44115. Entries must be enclosed in an envelope with entrant's name and return address placed on the front left hand corner of envelope. (“Mail-in Entry”). Your Mail-in Entry must be mailed separately. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, illegible or postage-due mail. To be eligible for a given monthly drawing, your Mail-in Entry must be postmarked during the applicable Sweepstakes Period and received within seven (7) days later.
3. All entries become the property of THERMA-TRU CORP. (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned.
4. GRAND PRIZE DRAWINGS. On May 4, 2018 at approximately 10:00 AM EST two (2) entries will be drawn at random by Zig Marketing. (the “Administrator”), from all eligible entries received as of the time of the drawings to determine the potential winners of the grand prizes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received as of the time of the drawings. One (1) winner will be drawn from the eligible entries submitted on www.thermatru.com and one (1) winner will be drawn from the eligible entries submitted on www.thermatrubenchmark.com. Potential winners will be notified via e-mail by the Sponsor or Administrator using contact information provided at the time of entry within approximately seven (7) days of the random drawing. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
5. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or (iii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prizes/prize winners. If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to select the winners from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the time such action was taken. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or enters using any automatic programmed entry duplication method or third-party entry service.
6. Limit one (1) entry maximum per person or e-mail during the Sweepstakes period. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
8. PRIZES. Four (4) grand prizes will be awarded, consisting of two (2) $1,000 gift cards. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize is unavailable. Total ARV of all prizes in the Sweepstakes: $2,000. The Grand Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local income taxes on the Grand Prize, and will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of the Grand Prize. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete a W-9 Tax Form and will be required to furnish his or her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation by Sponsor of any tax forms as required by law.
All prizes are awarded “as is” and Sponsor makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, with regard to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of prizes will not be awarded in any form. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) of equal or greater value on the event the advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable. All prizes will be awarded according to these Official Rules provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying entries are received and the prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Prizes (and all elements thereof) are not redeemable for cash.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, each winner agrees that Sponsor may use his or her name for advertising and promotional purposes in any media and promotional purposes without limitation or additional compensation. Winners shall be required to provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim the prize. Winners shall be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release without additional compensation (where permitted by law) within ten (10) days of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among the remaining entries. (Canadian potential winners will be required to complete and return an Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release), within five (5) days of being notified. Canadian potential winners will also be required to answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question posed via telephone by Sponsor or Administrator at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time, as a prerequisite of being declared a winner. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release or fails to answer the skill-question within the required time period, such potential winner will be deemed to be ineligible and disqualified. All prizes will be awarded according to these Rules and distributed no later than May 31, 2018, provided they are claimed in accordance with these Rules.
9. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and (if applicable) acceptance of a prize constitutes potential winner’s agreement to hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of them (collectively “Sweepstakes Parties”) from and against any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused in any way from or in connection with his/her participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession or use of the prize, and further constitutes winner’s agreement that the Sweepstakes Parties may use his/her name, voice, likeness or biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE YOU MAY BE AWARDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. This Sweepstakes is open to those homeowners who are legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (“D.C.”) or Canada (except Quebec) who are at least 18 years old (19 in AL and NE). Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the agents of each of the foregoing, and any other entity that develops or distributes materials for or related to this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate family or households (whether related or not) of any of the above, are NOT eligible to enter or win – IF AN INELIGIBLE PERSON IS SELECTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER THAT POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED – and another Potential Winner will be selected from remaining eligible entries. This Sweepstakes shall be construed and evaluated according to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations of the United States. This Sweepstakes is void outside the 50 United States, D.C. and Canada (except Quebec) and where prohibited by law.
11. By entering, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the State of Ohio and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Winners List: For the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope after June 4, 2018 and no later than April 2, 2019 to Zig Marketing, Therma-Tru 2018 ‘Ratings and Reviews’ Sweepstakes c/o Dayna Orleans, 812 Huron Road, Suite 840, Cleveland, Ohio 44115. VT residents may omit postage.
13. All trademarks related to the prizes in this Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners and no sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with Sponsor, its products or this Sweepstakes is implied by their use.
14. Sponsor: THERMA-TRU CORP., 1750 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, OH 43537.