Genuine Therma-Tru® hinges position the door to properly compress the weatherstrip to help form a tight, even seal when the door closes. Without precision engineering in this critical area, the weatherstrip can pinch if the door is too tight or gap if it is too loose, letting air and moisture pass between the door and frame.
Spring Loaded Hinge
- UL Listed with self-closing spring mechanism that helps pull the door closed for convenience or meets code requirements that may be applicable in Fire-doors applications.*
*To confirm code requirements in your jurisdiction, always chck with your local building code authority.
General Therma-Tru Hinge Information
- Position the door for proper compression of the weatherstrip to form a tight seal when closed.
- Proper positioning also ensures smooth operation to help resist creaking and uneven wear over time.
- Offered in a variety of options designed to mate with our door systems and meet the needs of specific applications.
- Fit into mortise pockets machined into the door to assist in accurate alignment and a flush fit.
- Offered in premium stainless steel or steel with a protective anodized or painted finish to resist corrosion Long-lasting, smooth performance.
Genuine Therma-Tru hinges are engineered with long-lasting durability and reliability in mind. Over time, homes can settle unevenly and heavy doors can pull on hinges, causing the door to stick and rub. Our adjustable hinges allow the door to be moved up and down, and side to side, in the frame to maintain alignment and help keep the door performing beautifully.
Adjust 1/8" up and down, and 1/8" side to side.