Genuine Therma-Tru® hinges position the door to properly compress the weatherstrip to help form a tight, even seal when the door closes. Without precision engineering in this critical area, the weatherstrip can pinch if the door is too tight or gap if it is too loose, letting air and moisture pass between the door and frame.
- Contains locating tabs to provide accurate alignment with specific door systems.
- Removable pins allow door to be taken off hinges without unscrewing for finishing or moving large items in and out.
Note: Non-removable pin (NRP) option available with fixed pins to prevent door from being taken off hinges by driving out pins. Provides security on outswing applications with exposed hinges
General Therma-Tru Hinge Information
- Position the door for proper compression of the weatherstrip to form a tight seal when closed.
- Proper positioning also ensures smooth operation to help resist creaking and uneven wear over time.
- Offered in a variety of options designed to mate with our door systems and meet the needs of specific applications.
- Fit into mortise pockets machined into the door to assist in accurate alignment and a flush fit.
- Offered in premium stainless steel or steel with a protective anodized or painted finish to resist corrosion Long-lasting, smooth performance.