THERMA-TRU PRESIDENT ADDRESSES 2011 TRENDS
Maumee, OHIO, (January 24, 2011) - The ability to select value-added products for the home, stronger acceptance by homeowners of advanced-materials products, and the desire of builders to save labor on the job site are just three of the top industry trends that Therma-Tru® and Fypon® products are meeting in 2011.
“Adding value and investing in smart purchases will be key factors for homeowners, builders and remodelers throughout 2011,” says Dave Randich, president of Therma-Tru. “Both industry professionals and consumers are researching their options carefully for home enhancement products --- and these searches lead them to Therma-Tru.”
During remarks at the 2011 International Builders’ Show in mid-January, Randich identified several key trends for 2011 and showcased how Therma-Tru fiberglass entryway systems and Fypon urethane and PVC millwork products are meeting those trends. “The integration of Fypon millwork products into Therma-Tru Corp. allows us to offer an enhanced selection of exterior product solutions,” says Randich. “The low-maintenance products we offer add curb appeal beauty to the home while being incredibly fast and easy to install.”
Randich discussed the following 2011 trends at the show:
- Trend: Stronger acceptance of advanced-materials products built with crisp lines and appealing styles over more traditional wood products.
- Response: Therma-Tru has introduced a new line of Classic-Craft® Canvas Collection™ fiberglass entryways that are smooth and paintable, with rich, wide embossment details. One-piece Fypon urethane pilasters, crossheads and pediments, available in hundreds of sizes and profiles, come with crisp, clean lines that replicate old-fashioned wood pieces.
- Trend: Homeowners are focused on making energy-efficient investments in their current homes.
- Response: Replacing an entry door adds both value and cost savings in the home. The polyurethane cores in Therma-Tru doors are energy efficient with four times more insulation value than wood doors. New clear and decorative glass vented sidelites on Therma-Tru entry door systems add more light and ventilation to the home, eliminating the need for a storm door that can obstruct a front entrance. Marrying up entry doors with easy-to-install urethane pieces add immediate and lasting impression to the interior and exterior of the entryway.
- Trend: Builders and remodelers require products that provide more value with little or no maintenance to themselves and their customers than ever before.
- Response: Out-of-the-box and onto-the-house Fypon trim pieces save time and labor on the job site. Independent research shows installation of urethane products saves 19 percent over wood product installation, and 29 percent over PVC installation. Additionally, the exceptional energy efficiency features of Therma-Tru doors are seen as a benefit to both contractors and homeowners.
- Trend: Homeowners are embracing color more than ever before when selecting building products.
- Response: New Classic-Craft Canvas Collection doors have a smooth, paintable surface so homeowners can customize and adapt their entryways to their interior and exterior design with any color they choose. All Fypon products come pre-primed and ready for painting (or faux finishing) for both interior and exterior use.
“For 2011 we’re building on our long-standing reputation of quality, dependability and energy efficiency by introducing product innovations that meet current industry trends while being beautiful and contemporary,” says Randich. “However, it’s not simply about providing incredible visual appeal. Our focus in 2011 is on adding solid value to the home with exciting products that enhance the living experience for homeowners.”
Therma-Tru products are intended to meet builder demands and the current tastes of homeowners, including more choices in premium doors and better entryway functionality. Add the benefits of significantly easier maintenance and the improved energy efficiency of fiberglass over wood, and Therma-Tru continues to provide builders with a product offering that has made the company their most preferred brand of entry doors for 10 years running.
New products introduced in 2011 from Therma-Tru include:
- Classic-Craft Canvas Collection fiberglass doors feature a smooth, paintable surface designed with the performance and elegance of the Classic-Craft line.
- Vented Sidelites allow homeowners to let fresh air and light into their homes without compromising style or energy efficiency.
- Enhanced Fiber-Classic® Oak Collection™ now includes more aesthetically pleasing, high-definition embossments to be paired with a wider variety of decorative glass options.
- Avonlea™ Glass Design expands Therma-Tru’s decorative glass portfolio with its new clear baroque glass design with black nickel caming, designed to complement Modern, New American and Colonial homes.
Therma-Tru is the nation’s leading manufacturer and most preferred brand of fiberglass and steel exterior door systems. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low-maintenance Fypon urethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of leading consumer brands company Fortune Brands Inc. (NYSE: FO). For more information, visit www.thermatru.com
or call (800) 537-8827.