THERMA-TRU EXHIBITS CONSUMERS DIGEST® “BEST BUY” CLASSIC-CRAFT® FIBERGLASS ENTRY DOORS AT
2011 REMODELING SHOW
Maumee, OHIO - On October 13-15, remodelers from across the nation have the opportunity to see a variety of new entryway products from Therma-Tru Corp. in booth #408 at the 2011 Remodeling Show in Chicago. Among the featured products will be the Therma-Tru® Classic-Craft® line of entry systems that were recently designated as a "Best Buy" selection for the fiberglass entry doors category in the July/August 2011 issue of Consumers Digest® magazine.
Therma-Tru Classic-Craft fiberglass entryways (which include the Classic-Craft® American Style Collection™, Classic-Craft® Mahogany Collection™, Classic-Craft® Rustic Collection™ , Classic-Craft® Oak Collection™ and Classic-Craft® Canvas Collection™) received the popular "Best Buy" designation. New for remodelers in 2011, the Classic-Craft Canvas Collection features sleek, modern entryways designed for customization with a smooth surface suitable for painting. The energy-efficient door can be ordered in five door styles with 11 decorative glass families, as well as standard clear Low-E and privacy glass options. The ability to custom paint the entryway permits remodelers to support the growing consumer trend of adding color to a home's exterior with an award-winning, energy-efficient entrance door system.
"In this competitive environment, it's important for remodelers to use every tool available to help close a job with a homeowner," says Shannon Sims, marketing communications manager for Therma-Tru Corp. "Being able to offer doors with the Consumers Digest 'Best Buy' designation gains remodelers immediate credibility with consumers. Combine that award with the incredible energy efficiency, beauty and durability of fiberglass in the Classic-Craft product line and you have a winning strategy for growing your business."
Consumers Digest "Best Buy" Winner
According to Consumers Digest, this is the first time the popular magazine has ever focused on reviewing fiberglass entry doors as its own category. The written evaluation of the Therma-Tru Classic-Craft collection of products appearing in the July/August 2011 issue of Consumers Digest says:
"No other door that's in this price range replicates the look of a wood door better than the Classic-Craft series does."
The five collections of weather-resistant, secure entryway doors that are now considered a Consumers Digest Best Buy include:
- Classic-Craft American Style Collection - Inspired by the craftsman style of the early 1900s with a pure design.
- Classic-Craft Mahogany Collection - Rich, elegant look of real mahogany wood with fiberglass performance.
- Classic-Craft Rustic Collection - Southwestern and European style with lasting beauty and performance.
- Classic-Craft Oak Collection - Deep oak grain detail with attractive oak features.
- Classic-Craft Canvas Collection - A sleek, modern entry designed for customization with a smooth surface suitable for painting.
New for Remodelers in 2011
In addition to launching the Classic-Craft Canvas Collection in 2011, Therma-Tru has also widened the depth of its product offerings for remodelers with the introduction of vented sidelites on entry doors, enhancements to the Fiber-Class® Oak Collection™ and the introduction of Avonlea™ decorative glass doorlites and sidelites. Therma-Tru also offers the full Fypon® product line of entryway trim pieces, millwork and balustrade systems. The new Stone and Timber collection of Fypon products will be showcased at the Therma-Tru booth to illustrate the ease and beauty of enhancing entryways with quality trim pieces.
"The products we're introducing to remodelers this year meet the styles and tastes of homeowners looking to remodel their entryways," says Sims. "These are premium doors that increase entryway functionality and appeal. Add in the benefits of significantly easier maintenance and the improved energy efficiency of fiberglass over wood, and it's easy to see that Therma-Tru continues to provide remodelers with products that they can rely on to build their businesses."
The featured products in the Therma-Tru booth at the show include:
- Vented Sidelites - Available in the Fiber-Classic Oak Collection and Smooth-Star® product line, the vented sidelites offer fresh air and light into the home without the inconvenience and obstruction of storm doors or sliding screens. Double-hinged sidelites are available for entryway doors or two-hinged French doors and two-hinged sidelites. Therma-Tru is the only fiberglass door manufacturer today that offers vented sidelites with decorative glass options.
- Fiber-Classic Oak Collection - The enhancements of more aesthetically pleasing designs, high-definition embossments, vented sidelites and a wider variety of decorative glass options all combine to provide remodelers with an upgraded line of durable entryway options. The Collection features three new door styles: Two-panel 3/4 top in 6'8"- height; four-panel square top in 6'8"-height and three-panel in 8'0"-height. This widened palette of choices makes it easier for homeowners to customize an entryway to fit their personal style. The Collection's natural warmth and rich oak graining provide great value in comparison to premium wood doors, without sacrificing the advantages of fiberglass.
- Avonlea Glass Design
Inspired by the simplistic beauty found in nature, the Avonlea glass design features clear baroque glass with fluid lines in a free-flowing leaf pattern accented with bronze water glass and black nickel caming. Avonlea glass is designed to complement Modern, New American and Colonial homes and expands Therma-Tru's decorative glass portfolio with a fresh design at an affordable price point. The new glass is also ENERGY STAR® qualified, providing additional energy savings for environmentally conscious consumers. Glass sizes include full-lite, ¾-lite, ½-lite, oval- and center-arch lite.
- Classic Craft Canvas Collection - The first premium, smooth fiberglass door to carry the Therma-Tru name, this collection features a smooth, paintable surface that allows homeowners to easily adapt to home interior and exterior finishes. The doors feature architecturally correct facets, including wide center panels and rich embossment details that rival high-end custom wood doors. The attractive and energy-efficient fiberglass doors collection includes five door styles: two-panel square top; two-panel plank soft arch; four-panel arch top; five-panel; and one-panel plank Craftsman. Eleven decorative and clear glass design options are available.
- Stone and Timber Collection - Decorative Fypon® products featuring stone, stucco and timber as major design themes to accent homes. The durable pieces feature either a realistic stone or woodgrain texture on all exposed surfaces. Products include window and door trim, decorative millwork, louvers, post wraps, trellis systems, stone surround systems, stone columns and stone balustrade systems. Like all Fypon® pieces, the new products resist moisture, insect infestations, warping, cracking and splitting and are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Therma-Tru will host eight free seminars during the 2011 Remodeling Show in an installation clinic setting at booth #408. The hour-long sessions, "The Perfect Install: Door Installation Best Practices" will show remodelers the proper exterior door replacement methods for both entry doors and patio doors to reduce callbacks and improve overall customer satisfaction.
Therma-Tru experts Bill Reiter, technical sales manager and Jordan Schwind, R&R market specialist, will also show remodelers how to add Fypon trim around an entry door to enhance the curb appeal of the home. The pair will be available to answer questions and offer troubleshooting tips.
Sessions are scheduled on October 13 and 14 starting at 11:30am, 2:00pm and 3:30pm. On October 15 sessions will be held at 9:30am and 11:00am.
Therma-Tru is the nation’s leading manufacturer and most preferred brand of fiberglass and steel exterior door systems. Founded in 1962, Therma-Tru pioneered the fiberglass entry door industry, and today offers a complete portfolio of entry and patio door system solutions, including decorative glass doorlites, sidelites and transoms, and door components. The company also offers low-maintenance Fypon urethane and PVC products. Headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, Therma-Tru is part of leading consumer brands company Fortune Brands Inc. (NYSE: FO). For more information, visit www.thermatru.com, www.fypon.com or call (800) 537-8827.